Best Practice - 1
Title of Practice: Cultivating the sense of multidisciplinary approach in students for bridging the gap between Industry and Academics.
Involving students in practical learning to get real-time industrial experience and international exposure.
Institute follows method of project-based learning. Minor and major projects, practical case studies, national / international participation in technical events and co-curricular activities are covered in this context.
To give our students the right balance of abstract and concrete understanding, we constantly provide more interaction of industry and industry experts, Entrepreneurs with students. We arrange industrial visits every year and guest lecturers of industry or service expert persons for our students regularly. Dedicated faculty looks after effective implementation of the technical ideas of the students as minor and major projects. Apart from this a multi-disciplinary cell is constituted in the institute to bring the sense of the multi-disciplinary skills among students. Dedicated technical working space is avail to students 24by 7, to test their multi-disciplinary research skills and do research and development in the emerging trends according to curriculum and industrial needs.
Evidence of Success:
The continual effort for bridging the gap between industry and academic is showing colours slowly. Teachers are observing increased maturity in students during discussion and selection of topics for projects and seminars. Student’s participation in technical events at national and international level is increased. Many students from SSGBCOET have won laurels at national and international level. Success on placement side is also on higher level.
Best Practice - 2
Title of Practice:Inculcating the sense of social responsibility along with improvement in technical skills for overall development.
To develop the sense of coherent social responsibility in budding engineers and strengthening their capability to apply technical skill for social development.
Coherent development, application of technical skills to address social needs / problems and participative leaning are covered in this context. Students participate in various activities like Tree plantation, Blood donation camp, Awareness campaign dealing with recent social issues like Beti Bachaoo Beti Padhaoo Abhiyaan, Swaccha Bharat Abhiyaan-Importance of Cleanliness, Women Empowerment, Water Conservation and Protection, Energy Conservation and use of Non-conventional Energy Sources, Effects of Technology in Education. Undertaking study and projects to address local issues and their real time solutions are also part of this endeavour.
- Social awareness camp about various social issues through Poster Presentation, Road Play, Poster Exhibition, etc. among school students residing nearby region of Bhusawal city.
- Institute expands its environment conscious practices outside the campus through Tree Plantation, Marathon, Walkathon, Distibution of cotton bags to make plastic-free city in collaboration with different enterprenurs and sponsors. On the occasion of Sant Gadge Baba Punyatithi on 20th December, students and staff creates awareness about cleanliness through Bhajans and Kirtan amongst people every year.
- Technical events are organized to improve professional and technical skills of students to enhance their employability.
- Various student associations such as CESA, FESA, COMPSA, MESA, ECSA and EESA are actively organizes Technical and non - technical events like Future Technocrats, Techzealot,.
- Some activities of multidisciplinary research cell also contributes on this side.
Evidence of Success:
- Arranging educational, health and social issues awareness programmes on 20thDecember every year.
- Participation in Swachha Bharat Abhiyaan, Beti Bachao Abhiyaan, etc.
- Implementation of Solar Mud House.
- Implementation of Robot for collection and separation of garbage.
- Efforts of the institute are well appreciated on different platforms of media and government statutory bodies.