Goals and Objectives
- Pursuit of lifelong learning and professional development.
- Provide an educational experience of highest quality to our undergraduate and graduate students through a program of study that accommodates the individual's interests and career goals.
- Provide a solid foundation for those students who wish to pursue graduate studies.
- Maintain national and international leadership in advancing engineering knowledge through research and scholarship.
- To provide its students with a well balanced, high quality education in four principal areas of civil engineering: environmental, geotechnical, structural, and transportation engineering that will permit them to practice civil engineering at a professional level, that will prepare them for graduate study, that will promote lifelong learning and continuing professional development and that will provide them with the skills and knowledge necessary to develop into active contributors to the economic and social vitality of the region.
- Would agree with the statement that the knowledge, work skills, and personal qualities developed during their education in the School have appropriately prepared them for their career.
- Graduates will recognize the need for engaging in life-long learning and continued professional development.
- Identify, analyze, and solve practical civil engineering problems.
- Apply knowledge of Environmental, Geotechnical, Structural, Transportation, and Water Resources Engineering to design of civil engineering projects.
- Communicate effectively with their peers, other professionals, decision makers, and the general public, in the conduct of their work.
- Practice civil engineering in a professionally responsible and ethical manner.